Why work on PGM Half Scale Dress Form
- You can see the entire form while still standing near enough to make changes to
- The eye can accurately gauge the best proportions for the body and the design.
- You can better predict the behavior of the fabric.
- The design can be created in the actual fashion fabric, since so little is used; its
characteristics can be used to the best effect in the design.
- Custom dressmakers can use the half scale to exhibit their work for customers,
enabling customers to "see" the garment much more clearly.
- Sewing instructors can use it as an effective way to teach sewing skills -
students learn construction skills without having to worry about fit and they feel
more willing to try a technique without having to wear it.
- The garment pieces are small enough that students can see which end is up.
- And finally, the student has a permanent sample that can always be checked
again for how-to.
The Design Pieces by Joanne Fleming on PGM Half Scale Dress Form
The designs are all created in actual fashion fabric and exhibit on PGM Minature Dress Forms. More design, view http://joanneflemingdesign.com/